Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I own a property which I share with my friend we have lived

Customer Question

I own a property which I share with my friend we have lived in the property since 1982 both (my friend has lived at the for about 43 years and I inherited the property 1982. We have been lifelong friends (since school).
We share all bills and the property has had a lot of work carried out over the years new stables etc. put up and lots of other work done which we paid for jointly. I should mention we were a kennels but now just have our own jointly owned dogs - we show a large breed of dog - hence the stables and we have approx. 6 acres of land with the bungalow. I would like to put the property into joint names we are two single ladies. Can you advise me please of the best course of action I am 71 now and my friend is 69.
Kathleen
I would
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
HiIs there mortgage on the property?Tom