Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Myself and my sister were gifted fathers house around 2

Myself and my sister were gifted fathers house around 2 years ago (house below stamp duty level). Can one of us buy the others half share of house whilst father still alive, and are there any implications in doing so. Father would continue to live (rent free) in house.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Has the house increased in value in this time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not really
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would say house has not increased in value in that time
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then there is no reason why one cannot buy the other out as it will not change the underlying position with regard to either Inheritance Tax or Care Home Fees.

There will be Land Registry and stamp Duty to pay but no Capital Gains Tax given what you have said.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the answer Clare, was just a general enquiry as we had no idea we could beforehand.