75100385

Our neighbour added a fence to our boundary wall and bolted

Customer Question

our neighbour added a fence to our boundary wall and bolted his fence to it in strong winds his fence being so high has no pulled our wall down ive asked him to rebuild our wall and he got his landlord to come to our house to apologize and a year later still no wall how do we stand i took photos at the time which show the bolts that were through his fence into our wall, the actual fence is still up and our wall is still (whats left of it) is in his garden
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Neighbour and his landlord came round to our house and agreed to me personally to rebuild the wall, a year on and im still waiting what can i do either some sort of summons or threat to persue the claim through the courts
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/