propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

I am in the process of buying a flat. My solicitor and my

I am in the process of buying a flat. My solicitor and my vendors solicitor are at loggerheads. We are at the point of trying to get the exchange of contracts done but my vendor's solicitor is saying she has sent all the responses to my solicitor. However mine is saying she has not received them and asking for them to be sent again. Vendor solicitor says no way and advises her client to pull out of the deal. I have spoken to my vendor and he wants the deal to go through and doesn't want to pull out but each time his solicitor does anything it costs him more and more money.
Big question is if the answers to the questions aren't provided is there anything either myself or my vendor can do about it or do we both lose our buyer/vendors
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

A solicitor should, within reason, act on instructions from its client. This does not appear to be an unusual request. The vendor should instruct the solicitor to do so forthwith.

Call the senior partner of the firm and follow up with a complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.