propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Members of the owner of the next-door property are

Customer Question

Members of the owner of the next-door property are sabotaging my plans to sell my home. They rush out and tell prospecive buyers "something" that makes them turn away and refuse to speak to me. I believe they want to buy my house at a ridiculous amount.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have been unpleasant to me over a number of years for no reason. I moved out to rented property in July because I was afraid when they threatened to kill my pets. The Police saw this as a neighbour dispute so did nothing. I would love to retuen there but am afraid to do so and have just the house on the market. I am elderly amd in a wheelchair and frightened. Please advise me. I hope you will help me, thank you
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jo

Thanks for your question.

That is a very unpleasant situation! Very difficult to prevent this from happening.

Have the agent attend with the viewers or have them set up block viewing. Have a number of people attend at once with an agent or two present to ensure that the neighbour cannot do this. If the agent wants to sell it will have to assist to achieve this.

Alternatively, think about putting it in auction. They tend to get less viewings. You can set a reserve price at auction.

It is difficult to stop your neighbours but hopefully your agent can assist to minimise this.

Good luck.

Paul