propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

After a repossession order is granted but before the

Customer Question

After a repossession order is granted but before the bailiffs arrive can they sell the car ? And how can I stop them ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is *********
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

Generally the car is sold once it is repossessed, I.e taken away.

The time limit can vary. Generally the finance company will put the car in auction.

The only way you can prevent a sale is to speak to the finance company and offer to pay the outstanding finance. The car will probably be sold at auction and the finance company is only interested in recovering the outstanding finance and its associated losses. you may have to make payment in full to cover the losses to keep the car. Ring the finance company and negotiate.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Please accept / rate positively my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are the ones repressing the car it is the other side attempting to sell it before the bailiffs arrive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had a reprossion of property bungalow land and garage and costs and assets on the 13May Sheriffs have given notice to say they would be back on the 16 June after this the person who was having his goods and property appealed and was again told that the writ still no extra time and offer refused. On the 15June the person who had lost his case he started to take cars from the address and damaging others on the property should he have been able to remove these assets before the baliffs arrived.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not give me an answer to my original question about this!