75100385

I have recently received a letter from a management company

Hi Joshua,
I have recently received a letter from a management company saying that we have breached the lease as we have a pet (cat) in our property.
"Please note that the leases for the flats state:
No dog bird cat or other animal or reptile shall be kept in the Premises except with the prior written consent of the Management Company which consent may be revoked at any time at the discretion of the Management Company"
Can anything be done to stop the process or what kind of steps need to be taken to resolve the situation?
Many thanks,
Igor
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you seek permission? Do others have cats ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the verbal confirmation and I am not sure if anyone else in the building has pets.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

When was this? Have they said why they have changed their minds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have sent an email today. I dont think a person who deals right know anything about it. See the received email below."It has been brought to our attention that you have a cat within your property.
Please note that the leases for the flats state:
No dog bird cat or other animal or reptile shall be kept in the Premises except with the prior written consent of the Management Company which consent may be revoked at any time at the discretion of the Management Company
Please advise from whom you have received written consent in order to house this pet.
Please confirm as soon as possible as the current situation is leaving you in breach of the lease."
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do they have any evidence of this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They saw our cat incidentally on our balcony
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - you need to check with other properties and see whether or not they have pets. If they do then you can admit to having the cat and seek permission.

If others have cats then it would be very hard to turn it down.

If they still refuse or others dont have cats and they refuse then they need a reasonable reason.

If they dont then they cant make you get rid of it.

At worst case they have to take you to Court to get you to comply with the lease.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if they refuse to give me a permission what should I say to them?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Others have cats (assuming they do) and that you will take them to Court to get a declaration from a Judge to decide on whether their reason is reasonable.

Does that clarify? Alex