75100385

I am a landlord who has not received any rent from my tenant

I am a landlord who has not received any rent from my tenant for 6 months. I applied for possession order from the courts but my tenant abandoned the property before the papers came through. The court has awarded that the tenant pays for the court costs but I no longer know where she is! Where do I go from here? Is there anything I can do to recover the rent arrears and court costs?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you know where they are working, or if they have any assets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is not working but claiming universal credits, don't think she has paid anything council tax, utility bills or anything else since she has been there!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - so to be clear you do not know where she has gone and she is not working.

In reality you have a paper Judgment and that is it. Unless you know where she has gone there is nothing you can do.

If she had been working you could have got an attachment to earnings, but sadly this is not possible.

I am sorry but there is nothing you can do, you can deduct any costs from any deposit if taken but that is it.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex you have just confirmed my thoughts anyway.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry its not better news. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex