Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

How much to buy the freehold of my semi detached house

how much to buy the freehold of my semi detached house
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, could you please let me know how many years are left on your Lease/how much ground rent you pay per year, and the approximate value of your property?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
50 yrs left.
ground rent £20 YR
value £150,000

Thanks. Let me dome some calculations and I will then come back to you. Please give me 30 mins.

Al

Under the set formula, and on the basis that you have owned your property for 2 years or more,you should have to pay no more than £8,000 (possibly slightly less). You would also be responsible for paying the Freeholders legal fees which are normally approx. £750 plus VAT.

Please note that some Freeholders do sometimes try it on and may quote you a higher figure. If so, you would need to take the advice of a specialist Surveyor/Solicitor who can act in negotiations for you.

I hope this answers your question, and if so, would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al