Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have asked the following questions to which I have yet to

Customer Question

I have asked the following questions to which I have yet to get a response :
Good Evening
Please advise. I had been preparing a retaining wall in my back garden for rendering when it partially collapsed. I commissioned a civil engineer's report, paid for it and sent it to my insurers. Now the insurance company has sent this report to the civil engineer in question alongwith a photograph that 'their assessor' took of the wall alleging that I was negligent in the work that I undertook and that I was responsible for the collapse of the wall. The civil engineer feels he cannot comment on the photograph or answer any other queries about the content of his report for fear of incriminating me and since it is my report that I paid him to do. My insurer who are repudiating my claim did not receive my permission to contact the civil engineer nor ask my permission to comment on the photograph. Furthermore the civil engineer feels that any further commentary by him in relation to his report which I commissioned would be the subject of an additional report which my insurer should they wish to have additional expert opinion consider commissioning themselves as this would entail extra costs. Please advise. Many thanks. William Sisk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****, your question rather beats around the bush. Why does the insurance company say the wall collapsed? Why does the engineer you employed believe that he will "incriminate" you if he comments and of what crime? Insurance fraud? Is your engineer willing to do an extra report? What will it say?