75100385

I was managing Director of the company that owned and

I was managing Director of the company that owned and managed the funds for the upkeep/insurance etc of a small block of 6 flats, this company owns the freehold, of which the six lessees each own a share in. I wanted to retire and another director was appointed.
She promptly appointed a local company to manage the building for her.
She believes that by so doing she cannot be held legally responsible for anything that may go wrong under UK law .
Is she correct?
Alan Claxton
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Alan my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

No she is not correct.

It certainly helps her - but does not mean for one second she could not be held responsible legally.

As Director the buck stops with her. If anyone goes wrong questions may be asked of her.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That bears out what I thought but I am not happy with the words used. I will be presenting your answer to the Director concerned, so I would like you to avoid the vernacular with a more professional approach.
Alan
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Please bear in mind Alan you are not paying £200 an hour for a High Street Solicitor as this is a question and answer site.

The answer is no.

This is because you can not delegate legal responsibility.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does. As far as your other comments are concerned, given that it must have taken you only a minute or two, I was paying a rate of around £1000 an hour!!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No, not at all. I am happy to spend as long as it takes.

But please bear in mind if the answer is not complicated and only requires a short response, there is no point waffling on or dragging it out.

I like to be concise and to the point.

Can I clarify anything else for you today please?