Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My neighbour is thinking of getting a court order against me

My neighbour is thinking of getting a court order against me for obtaining access to my land. If he wins do I have to pay his legal fees?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thanks for your enquiry. A losing party in any County Court proceedings does have to pay the successful party's legal costs of the Court proceedings. Is there anything further that you require to know? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would the likely costs be, please?

Hi, thanks for your reply. It is of course impossible me to give an exact figure, but Court costs in land disputes are normally around £5,000 and could be more if it is a long, drawn out action. I hope this helps. Kind Regards Al