75100385

I have repaired and maintained the garden fence on the left

I have repaired and maintained the garden fence on the left of our garden for 27 years, since we moved in to our new home in 1989. Apart from once several years ago, our neighbor has ignored our requests to share the cost of replacing panels, so I did it myself.
Does this mean I can claim full ownership of the fence?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is it marked as yours on any deeds please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as I can remember, we owned the fence to the left of the garden and our neighbour to the right owned that one.
However, I think it was agreed that we share the costs on both sides.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - unless its marked in your deeds then its a shared fence. This means you cant claim ownership, even after 27 years.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I Want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** something about "Adverse possession" and wondered if it applied to me.I will check the deeds. My main problem is that I do not want to permit access to my property.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sadly not. That does not apply to fence, but to land.

I am sorry.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you again. I know where to contact you if I need you again.Kind regards,***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex