Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Is a verbal agreement binding

Customer Question

Is a verbal agreement binding
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years expeerience. I will try to help you with this.

It can be. Can you give me more details please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried to buy the house together but not able too as I had not lived in the house 2years Paula could not get a mortgage on her own so we agreed I would buy it for us with her share as the discount she would receive as her contribution All vrbally between me and her although her sons know about it . I did sigh a letter at solicertors to say I was gifting the house as my name could not be put on the deeds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean I sighed it because I was gifting the house. It was a way round us getting the house in her name we agreed verbally that my name would be added when legally allowed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is someone helping me I have been waiting for a reply please and thank you

So Paula bought her council house in her name as she was entitled to buy it as the tenant and you had an agreement that you would fund it through a mortgage and that after she had bought the property then you would be added as an owner to the deeds?

I think it is likely that there is an enforceable contract between you and her based on the words said between you.

What is the situation between you and Paula now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi at the moment she is being very unreasonable and blaming me for the relationship breakdown i have done nothing wrong thou . She has z u can have my share when possible but it could b years from and i really dont belive her . She would never sell the house without doubt

This isn't really about contract law it is a family law dispute, not something I am very expert on I am afraid. I will opt out add hopefully a family law expert will pick it up.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?