Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
13113900

We are selling a basement. It will need to be developed as

We are selling a basement. It will need to be developed as at the moment it is empty space only. We have full planning permission.
There is a house next door, flat above and another property within 3 metres on the other side.
I do not know who we will sell it too. People are looking at it now
I know that when you have a development then 3rd party wall agreements are needed.
Do I need this in place before selling or is it the responsibility of the buyer?
Thank you Kevin..................
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You do not need to sell the property with 3rd party wall agreements in place. This can be done by whoever arranges to do the works. If you are not doing the work your self you will not actually know what will need to go in the agreement or what you are obtaining consent for, so this agreement should be made up once the prospective decides what work they will actually need to do. Kind regards AJ