75100385

I am planning to rent out my flat to tenants. The owners of

I am planning to rent out my flat to tenants. The owners of a flat in the house next door has sent a party wall notice to us advising of building works to extend their basement. We have not given consent and are appointing our own surveyor so are now 'in dispute'.
Do I need to give tenants notice of the works as their landlord? If so, does this need to be done when I advertise the property for rent or during the tenancy with how much notice?
I do not know yet when work will start and could even be after the tenants tenancy ends (6 months).
Best wishes,
Marisa
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Does the tenancy agreement say you need to give notice of works etc going on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't rented the property yet, I'm about to, so there isn't a tenancy agreement in place. I can leave out anything about notifying of works but would have the standard 'The Landlord agrees to let the Tenant have the right to quiet possession and enjoyment of the Property. This is subject to the Tenant paying the rent and observing and performing the obligations set out on this Agreement.' Would it count as misrepresenation of the property for me to not tell the renter on agreeing the tenancy?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - I would notify the tenants in advance. Otherwise as you say they could consider this to be something which you should and ought to tell them of.

Imagine if you moved into a property to find out works going on next door and hadnt been told.

Therefore I would make sure you tell them, put it in writing to avoid any comeback at a later date.