75100385

I am a US citizen, I arrived in London yesterday hoping to

I am a US citizen, I arrived in London yesterday hoping to get the keys to a property I have rented for 3 months. Unfortunately, the Landlord is not handing me over the keys until they have the full 3 months rent, and the refundable deposit.The landlord now has cleared funds of the 2-week holding deposit, the 1 months (refundable deposit) and one months rent.I have also now wired the balance of the rest of the rent and supplied them with a receipt that confirms the transfer.The contract stipulates that the rent can be paid monthly - should they hand over the keys now - or do we have to wait until the as yet uncleared funds are cleared into their bank account?A copy of the contract is attached
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

hello my make is Alex and I will help you.

On what basis does the landlord want to change the contract?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They don't want to change the contract they just want the full amount upfront before releasing the keys. They had said this verbally but then sent me this contract with the payment schedule as listed. As this is the contract we forwarded the funds according to it .
We did sign and email a copy of the contract back to them before travelling to london.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

they can't, the contract is clear you pay a sum up front them monthly payments thereafter.

There is a legally binding contract which they can't now change, if they do you could sue for breach of contract.

They are bound by the terms of the contract.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, Thanks very much for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Happy to help