Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

My solicitor failed to make 8 out of 10 judgements on 2

Customer Question

Good morning my solicitor failed to make 8 out of 10 judgements on 2 partners in a firm final at the land dept. the 2 that were made final were paid when the 2 properties were sold but for various reason the 8 that he failed to make final did not.re the principle amount we settled with there insurance company full and final settlement for approx. 50pence in the pound. when the settlement was done my side agreed with the insurance company that only the principle should be considered and any fees from the PA would not be part of the settlement. I have now revisted the solicitors about the other 8 they failed to make final and they have said as I have settled the case any short coming on there side is not actionable ..as a layman is have settled with the 2 partners and the insurance company and this would mean once you settle a case you have no recourse against a lawyer who does not perform pls advise
Expert:  F E Smith replied 11 months ago.

Could we have the background detail and what you want to know about this please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the fact that I settle the case does they block me from a negligece case vrs my lawyer

They may have settled the case but if they have not settled it as well as they may have done, or not got you the complete result that you wanted or as much as you wanted then depending on the reason for that, you may still have a negligence claim.

You don’t automatically have a negligence claim if you don’t get the result that you want, only if the solicitor has actually been negligent in dealing with your case.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
well they failed to make these judgements final at the land dept they were only interim and the 2 snakes managed to have only the 2 that were made final bit on the sales. need some case law to quote
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I settled the case with the insurance company and the 2 defendants am I right this lawyer by saying he is part of the settlement is incorrect? again need some case law

I’m going to opt out of this for another expert. Best wishes.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Good morning the question still stands
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
question still open
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you saying there is nobody there to answer this legal question?
Unfortunately we have not been able to find someone to answer your question on this occasion - I can only apologise.
Please let me know if you would like the refund,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
pls refund