propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

I agreed to be a guarantor for 12 month only the people who

I agreed to be a guarantor for 12 month only
the people who moved gave letter stating that they would remove name after 12 month
would this be legal document or not
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 11 months ago.

Who are/were you guaranteeing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
12 month house tenancy rental
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I agreed to be guarantor for 12 month lease only for a house for 2 peoplethey gave me a letter in which they signed and my name would be removed as a guarantor
would this be a legal document or not

Your guarantee will last the duration of the agreement. A letter from the tenant will not be sufficient. Only the landlord can release the guarantor as you are a party to the tenancy for the benefit of the landlord. A letter from the tenant will not release you from your liability. If you are to be released early any document recording this will need to be entered into and signed by all parties of the tenancy agreement.

Does this clarify the position? Any queries in respect of my answer?

Please can I ask you to accept /positive rate my reply so that I receive payment for answering your question. Thanks.