75100385

I have a lease agreement with a car rental company for a

I have a lease agreement with a car rental company for a private hire car wich i agreed to pay £300 P/WEEK i haven't payed for 2 weeks now but i notified them that i will pay them both weeks wich happened before and with out contacting me they blocked the car in the UBER PLATFORM so i was not able to work for the weekend. Is that legal?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you sign a hire agreement? Doe sit say they can block it on the Uber Platform?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its 11 pages master lease were should i look for it or do i need to read everything?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Just look to see what it says about default or arrears etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2.18 under "SUPPLY AND USE OF VEHICLES" States:Time shall be of the essence in respect of the payment of all sums due under this agreement and Openstart shall be entitled by notice in writing to the Lessee to treat this agreement as repudiated if any payments remain unpaid more than 25 working days after becoming due.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

But nothing about them blocking you from UBER?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To get on default i need 3 payment due yes?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes thats right. I assume they havent sent you a default notice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last paragraph is "Consolidation Recovery" it states about termination of failed due payments or default that they can posses the vehicle... etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They done this before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Without notice they come and take the car because i haven't payed them £20 more and i had to pay 100 to go get the vehicle back because all my documents were in the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am angry with them and i am loosing money every day if there acting legally i will pay them but if not i want to take them to court
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes indeed. You need to write and ask that they remove it within 7 days or say you will go to Court.

If they refuse then you can seek an injunction. You could do this without notice if you want but you should warn them.

You would need to complete forms N1:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf

And N216a:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n016a-eng.pdf

The court will set the matter down and decide whether to make an order preventing them from blocking you at UBER

If the Court makes the order and they refuse this could be contempt of court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much will it cost me to hire you to do this for me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sadly I cant do this for you, this is a question and answer site.

But you are looking for the initial hearing etc about £1000 or so.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do i thank you for your time.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. If you could rate with the stars or happy faces please. Thanks