Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
31090051

A neighbour has cut down overhanging branches without asking

A neighbour has cut down overhanging branches without asking and dumped the branches in three adjoin gardens. No permission was sought and no request was made as to whether we (3 houses involved) wanted the branches back. They refuse to answer when we call at their door. We think it is fly-tipping. Any thoughts
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

The neighbour can cut back branches overhanging his property without permission. He can't dump the branches in other people's gardens although he should offer the cuttings back as a matter of law. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fact that he dumped the cuttings in our gardens without permission is our minds tantamount to fly-tipping is that the case?