Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My wife is in a nursing home which i am paying from my

my wife is in a nursing home which i am paying from my capital.Once i reach the threshhold of £23000. What happens to our house which is owned as tenants in common
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Provided you are living in the property, the Council have to disregard the property and your Wife's share therefore does not come into the equation when calculating how much capital she has.

I hope this clarifies the position for you.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What happens if my wife dies and i live a few more years .DO the fees then come out of the sale of the house when i die?

Hi, if your wife becomes state funded in the future, and then dies, and the house is sold, the Council can't claim any monies from the Sale as reimbursement towards Nursing home fees. This is because the house is totally disregarded during her lifetime (provided you are are living there).

Your Wife's half share in the property only forma part of her capital when assessing Nursing home fees entitlement IF it is sold during her lifetime, and in such circumstances, the half value is "added to her capital".

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my home phone number is ***** and my mobile is 07593
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
mobile 07593 437777
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have to go out now.please ring me on my mobile.07593 437777