Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My tenancy agreement it fixed for a 12 moth period. I have

My tenancy agreement it fixed for a 12 moth period. I have no clause about subletting.Can i sublet the property to multiple individuals not of the same family without written consent from my landlord
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.

Is this an AST?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a private tenancy agreement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i rented a full property through my corporate company from a private individual and now want to sublet it out to young profesionals because i am relocating back to europe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if i dont inform the landlord would he be able to terminate the tenancy. the contract said nothing about subletting
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I lost my connection.

Unless you have written permission from your landlord you cannot sublet.

There would also be issues here about the house being used for multiple occupation without proper licences.

You cannot rely on the absence of a prohibition in the contract to sublet. You need positive permission to do so.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is perfect and very clear thank you. Can you just tell me if this is by a specific UK law?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm in the Uk and only deal with England and Wales.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again I was after the specific law. But I guess best for me is to talk to my landlord and see if we can arrange terms of termination. Thanks again