Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I recently purchased a leasehold flat and the Estate Agent

Customer Question

I recently purchased a leasehold flat and the Estate Agent told me that the top floor flat wished to swap their garden (which is at the back of my property) for my share of the roof-space as they wanted to do a loft conversion. They even took me into the garden on a viewing as there is a gate accessible from my garden, which has now been locked. I went ahead and purchased the property the end of May, but have since been given an email by the top floor flat dated 4 April 2016 which they wrote to the Estate Agent telling them that their garden was not up for negotiation and they were to tell all potential purchasers about this. They never passed on this information and I wonder whether they are in breach of their code of practice?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you approached the estate agents about this misrepresentation at all?