Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

HSBC refusing to redo work previously attempted, on going,

Customer Question

HSBC refusing to redo work previously attempted, on going , what redress do I have.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

On what basis are they refusing to do the work please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say it was not covered " and a store room is not required to be waterproof and water vapour is permissible, and that during the course of the repairs to the garage the contractor went beyond their remit and carried out work to the store room for which they were not authorised to do". They had to do the electrics as they are in the store room for the garage as well as the store. and no doubt NHBC paid them for any additional work they did, and it is worse now with what that was done. The insurance documents definitely say " garage and other permanent outbuildings." This store room is underneath the garage supporting it so could not be more permanent ! J.Boot
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Have you looked at the terms of the guarantee? Is what they are saying correct?