75100385

I am owed a large sum of money by a builder who abandoned

Hi I am owed a large sum of money by a builder who abandoned work on my house and left after collecting payments. He subsequently sent further invoices after his contract was terminated.
There was no written agreement but I have 10+ emails which confirm what he had agreed to do. He did not reply to any of these emails during his work but carried on work as and when it suited him.
A single joint building expert has been appointed by the court and I have allowed him to access my property on a specific date. Defendants legal representative (whose work is supervised by a solicitor) insists on attending this inspection. He has been obstructive throughout the proceedings and I fear he will try to influence the expert . I am LIP. Considering the state my house was left in I am not keen to allow builder or his representative or anyone other than the expert to attend for inspection. This is a joint instruction. . I have no intention of speaking to him or influencing him ,the state of the house is for all to see and is documented in 100+ pictures.
Am I required to allow the defendants legs representative into my house considering that the expert is supposed to carry out his inspection independently
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Does the Court order say D Sols can be there? If not, then no you dont need to allow it

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Court Order does not say D's solicitor is allowed to be present , it says access will be granted (for inspection by the expert). I have told the D's legal representative that I do not wish him to be present at my house during this inspection and if he disagrees he will need to make an application notice. He has asked the expert to write that since it is a joint instruction D's rep should also be allowed to be present!

All the defects were subsequently rectified by 10+ tradesmen/workmen over the past year.

Thank you .

Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Ok - then D Solicitor does not need top be present and he can make an application as you suggest.
Can I clarify anything else?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

thank you for prompt and to the point reply. excellent

Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Thanks!