Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am a tenant in a commercial premises and have 18 months

I am a tenant in a commercial premises and have 18 months left on my lease. However, the free-hold was sold by my previous landlord, and the new landlord registered the land in the name of a Ltd company. Since then, this Ltd company has been dissolved, and lands registry still shows as the land being in the name of this Limited company.
The question is, who now owns the land as I would now like to purchase it?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the Freehold interest in the property passes to the Crown. Have a look at this link and make contact if you wish to purchase https://www.gov.uk/guidance/refer-bona-vacantia-land-or-buildings-bvc2 (please copy and paste this link). I hope this assists ​ and answers your question. If so, please could you rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt response. Very helpful.

I would be grateful if you could rate my answer, so I can get credited for my time.

All the best!

Al