75100385

It is related to a teensy on a flat with two other people,

it is related to a teensy on a flat with two other people, and I want to end my tenancy I need to know if i am still responsible for the rent if the other two tenants do not find a replacement. The original contract was for 18 months with a get out clause after one year, which is 28 August - notified the agents
Is there a charge for this service? thank you Adam Mayes
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: sorry, tenancy on a flat
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Adam my name is ***** ***** I will help you

Yes there is a charger for this service.

How long is left please on the tenancy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a service which will cost just £26 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the website is not that clear - it seems that there is a monthly charge involved? I do not want that service Can I just have an answer to this question now without further charge If not then I will cancel the payment and not go further Thank you just want to make sure I am clear on what I am agreeing to Adam
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

we can keep it online for the £26. Is that ok!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks that will be fine
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Did you sign the agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original tenancy was for 18 months with a 12 month get-out after 1 year. The date of that is August 28 2016 and I informed the agents that I was ending my tenancy (giving 2 months' notice as per contract). They are going to treat it not as end of tenancy but as change of tenant. This is of concern to me as we are jointly and severally responsible for the rent, so if my flatmates do not find a replacement I do not want to be responsible for rent when I have left. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if you have given notice as per the tenancy agreement then you are not liable.

If there was a break clause then you are ok. So no. You are not liable because you acted within the terms of the tenancy.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry just one moment i need to pull the email they sent. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Adam, thank you for your email.It is to our understanding that yourself and Michael will be vacating the property and Vanessa will look to stay at the property and then source a new tenant.
If this is the case, it is not a requirement for yourself to give notice unless the entire tenancy will end.A team member from our property management team will be in touch with you all next week explaining what we would call a te***** *****ge over.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

That makes no difference. You have a right to get out and end it, you have done.

They need to make a new tenancy with the remaining tenants.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if my flatmate does not find a new person in time what would happen? as the tenancy would still be valid or not?
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
two of us are guarantors for one of the persons who wants to leave does that make a difference also?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

It does not matter, you have given notice to leave and in effect it ends the tenancy. The agents have to give a new agreement to remaining tenants.

The guarantor situation does not make any difference.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok no problem
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

have a great bank holiday