Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

In 2009 I took a six months payment holiday due to being

Customer Question

In 2009 I took a six months payment holiday due to being made redundant Cheltenham and Gloucester advised me that the six months payments would be added to my mortgage at the end of the six months and the payments would rise a little for the remainder of my mortgage which finishes on October 2017,but now in august 2016 I received a letter telling me that my mortgage payments were rising from£316.00 a month to £454.77 a month we could not understand why they were going up so phoned up to ask why and eventually was told that they had forgotten to add the payments to my mortgage and were now adding them with just over a year left on the mortgage which is a massive jump in payments for us is this legal what they have done thanks Kevin whiting.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello Kevin my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you not enquire after 6 months in 2009 why the payments had not changed?