Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex boyfriend has stolen my deeds to my house its in my

Customer Question

my ex boyfriend has stolen my deeds to my house its in my name and is paid for where do I stand now? I have ordered another copy from the land registry to be downloaded
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for question. Are you seeking information on whether he is entitled to make a claim for the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can he change the name or get someone else to do it and then have them transferred into another persons name
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. No he will not be able to as his name is ***** ***** the title of the property and therefore has no authority or grounds to attempt to do this. Transfer of property and title deeds requires confirmation of the person's ID by a professional and it is not an easy thing to do.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.