Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
12609314

I would like to extend my bathroom by taking space off a

Hi I would like to extend my bathroom by taking space off a bedroom. The bedroom is however already small and I would like to know if there is a minimum size a bedroom can be before a house is considered a 3 bed rather than a 4 bed, for example must the shortest wall be at least 6'3" which is a single bed measurement. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, is anyone able to answer this question please?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

To be a bedroom you need to get a single bed in there otherwise it would be considered a walk in wardrobe.

Best regards

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK great so the room doesn't have to be a certain square footage then?

No, but it must function as a bedroom . A single bed and room for someone to stand , change , get into bed etc.

Michael