Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a garage which the council have refused to allow me

Customer Question

I have a garage which the council have refused to allow me to erect a garage door.
I was refused planning permission even after appeal. I have gone ahead and erected one but the council say it is against any planning permission and I must remove it. It makes no sense that I am unable to secure my car in a garage. Help pleasr
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What reason have they given for the refusal please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The garage is not within the curtilage of my property which it isn't. Also the council put a condition on planning permission being granted to the developer that garages were not to have doors but to be called car ports. They were and are garages without a door.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Do you have a number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
01666 825184
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/courts/administrative-court/applying-for-judicial-review.pdf