Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I bought a static caravan with cash from my pension. My ex

I bought a static caravan with cash from my pension. My ex wife is named on the document but I signed it. Who legally owns it
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Have you been the main user/occupier of the caravan or has your wife? Please can you also tell me who has been responsible for the upkeep and / or maintenance of it. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the main user and the pay the bills and site fees
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have evidence you paid for it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my bank account transfer details
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. In that case you are the owner. Just because your wife is on the paperwork does not mean they are owner, they could just be the keeper.

But if you show you paid for it, then you are the owner.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is good news. Thank you for your superb help
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor