1. Dear *****, if you have a boundary issue here, the first thing I would suggest is that you get an Expert from the Royal Institute of Surveyors to survey the boundary, using geolocation mapping to definitively establish the boundary in the correct position. Then, you should agree jointly with your neighbour to co-fund the erection of a fence on this position.
2. If you have mistakenly encroached upon your neighbour's land and built a fence in the wrong position, the law will not foist costs and charges for work done, on you, in placing the boundary in the correct position. So long as the fence was mistakenly put in the wrong position, you won't have to pay charges to remedy it. The onus will be on both parties to establish the correct position and put a fence there.
3. However, be aware that if the fence is in the wrong position, it can be removed and a fence placed in the correct position. But there won't be costs and charges levied against the person who put the fence in the wrong position.
4. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
5. Please Rate or Accept the answer please.