Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I own a flat which I have rented out to tenants. Recently I

I own a flat which I have rented out to tenants. Recently I was informed that the flat above had leaked into my bathroom (due to a faulty bath/shower seal) and that significant mould had developed on my bathroom ceiling and wall meaning it has to be torn down and replaced.
The letting agent / factor (both the same company) have advised that I am fully liable to pay the excess (£1500) on the repairs to my flat caused by the water damage.
We have a communal building insurance claim and due to the previous number of claims for water damage claims, the excess is huge (£1500).
Do I have any case to get the flat above to pay the excess or at least contribute towards it?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you asked for the above tenant to pay for it at this stage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie,I do not live in the flat so I have not spoken to the above tenant. My contact has been via the letting agent / factor.