Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I purchased a top floor flat in a new build last year. The

I purchased a top floor flat in a new build last year. The property is exceptionally hot, regularly 5 degrees hotter than outside, so this summer its been 30 degrees in the flat at night and never cooler than 26 degrees all year even with windows open. Im happy to pay for air conditioning to be installed ( a simple install as Im on the top floor to put unit on the roof) The installation requires little visible pipe work and no holes in the main building structure as pipes can run through a plastic air vent which is part of my flat.
The freeholder is not granting permission on the following grounds "The freeholders have considered your plans submitted and have reviewed these carefully. Access to the roof is not permitted for individual flats equipment/machinery and nothing must be laid on the roof covering" - can I fight this given the excessive heat due to design of building?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you had a survey done to see if there is a design flaw of the building please?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.