Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If someone use my name to avoid paying the bills or getting

If someone use my name to avoid paying the bills or getting funds, how bad it il? (Without my knowledge). Is there away I can find out how far my name was used?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A while ago I discovered that my name was given to the council tax office as a person responsible to pay for council tax at the said property. But I was not leaving at that property. Also we discovered that my brother's name appeared in several properties in London and the West Midlands. But the years which his name appeared in this properties, he was no longer living in the UK and has never owned any property. My question is, how can I find out who used his name and to what extend? My brother came to the UK to study CIMA in 1987 and left in 1989 due to mental illness.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Sadly you can't. There is no national database.

All you can do, if it is for Council Tax, is to ask each local authority.

But there is no national register I am sorry to say.

This is identity fraud which means all you can do is report it to the Police

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the answers. Much appreciated.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!