Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
31090051

I have a buy to let property, and the back wall is starting

Hi, I have a buy to let property, and the back wall is starting to need attention. When buying the property they indicated on the paperwork that it belongs to me, however looking at it I note that the house at the rear of the property has this wall going down its entire length of it garden(spanning three back gardens).
My question is how do I find out for definite that it is my wall or not?
I would be very grateful for your advice on this matter.
Kind regards *****
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

Ask the solicitor you used to double check the title to see if the wall is owned in common or if it is situated entirely on your land. It could be either but your title should specify which. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I purchased The property about 5 years ago and so the solicitor will have put the papers into storage and therefore quite expensive to get them out now. Is there another solution please?