Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

I CANNOT FIND MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS FROM MY BUYING OF MY

I CANNOT FIND MY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS FROM MY BUYING OF MY HOME. WHAT MIGHT I NEED TO DO AS REGARDS SELLIJNG THE PROPERTY ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

When did you purchase your property please?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In 1989
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Do you know if your property was registered at Land Registry?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No , unfortunately I do not.....
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Okay.

What is the address of the property in question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
25, Gordon Road, Worthing, West Sussex, England BN11 1DB
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

Having searched the land registry it appears that the property is registered under it’s own title number WS44118.

This is good news, this means that the property is not an “unregistered” title. This means that it does not really matter that you may have lost the old style paper deeds, because proof of your ownership is the land registry official copy of the title.

You can download a copy of the title register yourself from the land registry find a property website:

https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/portal/!ut/p/b1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOKNjSxMDA1NjDwsjM3MDTxN3dyNDUNMjQ1MjPWDU_P0C7IdFQG9k5Tz/

This is your proof that you own the property and the fact that the old style deeds have been lost is not relevant, because they would have been destroyed by the land registry when they first registered them (if you did not request them back).

I would download a copy of the title to check that you are the registered proprietor referred to at section B and if you are then you can completely relax

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom