Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

My landlord has changed letting agents midway through our

Hello my landlord has changed letting agents midway through our tenancy the new agent have asked for a copy of our tenancy agreement of which is with the previous agent, it has there logo on it and terms and conditions between us the tenant and the agent would the new agent have to provide us with a new tenancy or do we still adhere to the previous? it makes no sense to do that when the previous agent has been dis instructed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

The old tenancy is binding even though the landlord may have switched agents.

The old tenancy is still a binding contract between you and the landlord with the agent acting on behalf of the landlord. The change of agency is purely an administrative choice of the landlord, it does not affect the Contract between you and the landlord except that the landlord may now advice you should pay rent to the new agent (get this in writing though).

For example, the new agent could not attempt to evict you on the basis that the switch of agents has terminated the tenancy and so correspondingly you cannot now claim the tenancy is not binding either.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will the previous agent have to supply the new agent with a copy of our tenancy and inventory?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they should really provide the old tenancy/inventory to the new agent and the landlord could probably sue them if they did not.

Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks so much
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** feedback though..