Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I want to do loft conversion in my first floor flat,there

hi, i want to do loft conversion in my first floor flat,there are two flats on ground floor owned by separate people, i have planning permission, taken consent from freeholder, the only problem is i need to put scaffolding on front driveway and on rear ground floor flats extension roof, the ground floor owners are not cooperative, is there any agreements i can serve on them which they are bound to agree
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear, this is a home improvement, not maintenance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a home improvement
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

OK - is there anything in their lease which states they must give permission for works etc do you know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think i only need permission from the freeholder, i have taken that
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

But the leaseholder owns the land (subject to freehold). Thats why I need to know what it says in the lease, whether it can be used for building

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they own the front driveway where i want to put the scaffolding, i have not seen their leases , if they have restriction to take permission what and how i can do a agreement with them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not building on their land , i am building in my loft , just want to put scaffolding on their land to access the roof
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if their lease says i need their permission to put scaffolding on their part of front driveway and scaffolding on their rear extension roof to access my lift from and rear of property, what agreement i need to do with them and is their any law that they are bound to allow me, i am doing party wall agreements with the neighbours bec
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to get a Solicitor to write and ask for access or say you will go to Court

If they refuse then you can seek an injunction. You would need to complete form N208:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n208-eng.pdf

And form N16a:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n016a-eng.pdf

The Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to give an injunction

If the Court does and they refuse, this could be contempt of Court which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will ask my solictor to check their leases and if i need permission from them , i will ask my solictor to write to them and ask for agreement of access , is that what you mean
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
five me 10 mins please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I dont quite understand what you mean. If you need to rate you can click the happy face or 5 stars please.