Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have a piece of land that had planning permission and a

Customer Question

I have a piece of land that had planning permission and a bungalow build in 1957 on it can I rebuild plot , the bungalow is long gone now
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

As the bungalow is no longer there, you would need to apply for planning permission again and submit to the Council the relevant plans for the new build. (Indeed, even if the bungalow was still there, and you wished to demolish and build a new property, you would still need planning permission). On the basis that a property was there in the past, I would certainly hope that the Council would grant permission, provided the new build is in keeping with the neighbourhood. It is always best to have an informal chat with the Council about your plans and they will be able to give you their informal views before you then submit a formal application.

I hope this assists.

Kind Regards

Al

If I have helped, please would you be kind enough to rate my answer.

Al