Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If a solicior bills a client £60 for a land registry charge

Customer Question

If a solicior bills a client £60 for a land registry charge but the land registry then reduces their fee can the solicitor keep the residual balance as the client agreed the fee of £60 or would the funds need to be returned to the client
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

No. Its a disbursement.

Therefore if the Solicitor has billed £60 for the disbursement and it is less, then you are entitled to the difference back

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.