Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

When buying a new property is up to the buyer to find any

When buying a new property is up to the buyer to find any issues that the property may have I.e.my next door neighbor's car parking space is directly in front of my front door and I mean directly,I was shown a site plan but I don't read maps,Taylor Wimpey said I was responsible for checking the site plan properly I told them i am not a map reader.The solicitor who dealt with the contract says he has done nothing wrong and who by the way was recommended by Taylor Wimpey I was promised on more than one occasion that this would be put right but got nothing in writing.I really need advice on this matter it's gone on long enough.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your enquiry.

I am afraid that with any new build purchase (or any purchase for that matter), the Seller/Developer prepares a Plan showing the extent of the property/land they are selling. It is good practice for a Buyers Solicitor to send their client a copy of this Plan. As yours was a new build, you should therefore have been sent a Plan showing the location of the property itself and any garden and other land which is included and which is being sold to you. This Plan is also attached to the Contract and the Developer is legally bound to sell you the land as per the Plan and nothing more and nothing less.

I am sorry this may not be the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards

Al