Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If purchasers buy a house who were shown around by the

Customer Question

If purchasers buy a house who were shown around by the estate agents representing the seller and after buying and agreeing the said property then come back a month later after the contract is signed require thousands of pounds worth of finance as the house is not what they expected it to be. Do I have a case to refuse
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have contracts actually been exchanged please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
contracts have been exchanged and purchasers have been living in the house for months. I at no time have shown the purchasers around my home as the estate agents were employed to do so. The purchasers are stating they were deceived.

They want to change their minds, in effect no. They have signed contracts thus it's leglally enforceable.

So no, they can not change their mind. There is no cooling off period in law.

Yes you can refuse.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They're not changing their mind!!! They live in the house already. They want to claim money back for work they feel needs done inside the house after a month living there.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not getting the correct advice on the information I have given

Sorry for the delay, I was just on the train.

If they live there already its tough.

They could and should have had a survey done. You can have 3 different types of survey, basic, home buyers and buildings survey.

The home buyer is more in depth and the buildings survey is very detailed. Clearly they are different prices to reflect the work.

But as long as you didnt lie about anything, then there is NOTHING they can do.

They should have inspected it and made sure that they satisfied themselves as to the condition before purchase.

there is NOTHING they can do

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Jamie

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!