How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 285
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

I am a resident landlord and have a kind of a converted flat

Resolved Question:

I am a resident landlord and have a kind of a converted flat on the top floor. There is no separate entrance. All the bills are paid by me except for electricity. What short of Tenancy Agreement should I use please? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.


As you live in the same building the most appropriate tenancy is a non assured tenancy agreement.

If you share any living space then use a lodgers agreement.

Any further questions or queries?

I am happy to assist further.

propertylawyer and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you