Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I recently arranged to have a the fencing renewed in my

Hi, I recently arranged to have a the fencing renewed in my front garden. I left the original fence up and placed the new fence without my own garden. My next door neighbour has now removed the old fence which was on the boundary line and has start to fit plant surrport wires and bolt etc onto my fence which is within my own garden. Can you tell me the best course of action.
***** *****
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello Brian my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Stop him damaging my new fence

Ok - you should report it to the Police. They can consider this for criminal damage if things are being attached, screwed or affixed to your fence. The Police may try and say it is a civil matter, but it is not, it is criminal damage.

If that does not work then get a local Solicitor to write and ask him to stop and re-instate the old fence. Unless your deeds stated otherwise then it is a joint fence and needs to be reinstated.

If that does not work you could get a Court order making him reinstate the fence.