Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Notice of termination of tenancy from the landlord

Customer Question

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
07861 947113
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm perfectly happy to call you but do you want to give me information upon your question so that we know whether or not it is my area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moved into a property on 6th april 2016......On 6th June letting agency said thhey would be terminating the tenancy and we had to be out by 6th Oct 2016....The letter said they would be contacting us at the beginning of August with the legal stuff in accordance with the law......Heard nothing until today when they asked what time we were dropping the keys off.......We told them we had heard nothing and thought we could stay....They admitted it was their mistake and they would be serving notice today of 8 weeks....Is this correct or do they have to serve notice again from scratch i.e. 6 months.......and not the 8 weeks from the realisation of their mistake? thank you Lee saxton
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Are you ready now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.

All the best.