Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have been having issues with the estate agent that I was

I have been having issues with the estate agent that I was renting a flat from. When I left the property on the 28th of September. I had the estate agent who came to inspect the property. They inspected the property and told me I was supposed to remove the cobwebs which were outside the window and once I did. I didn't mind as I was tired. They initially had tried to force me to hand in 2 months notice when I had entered a periodic tenancy agreement.He signed me off. I handed in the keys on the 28th and on the 7th they wrote to my guarantor and emailed me to inform me that they are charging me for deep cleaning in the bathroom. I questioned them regarding this matter because that was not mentioned when they inspected the property.I then sent them the pictures when I moved in, how I had to clean as they were moulds on the grout of the bathroom. However, I didn't request for the landlord to clean as I understood because the bathroom had poor ventilation as there is no extractor fan. So now are saying I have to pay for cleaning for that grout on the bathroom. Whose responsibility is it?i have attached two photos. The first one is when I moved in the state of the grout and it is expected after 7 months that it will look like ths.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They are trying to charge me for the contractor to come in and I don't think it's my responsibility to pay. As it has been a problem before,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Jamie, the problem I am having also is this was not brought up when they signed me off.

Just to be clear the exit check out has been signed off as ok?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yeh it was signed off as ok.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it was signed off as OK.

Ok - then you dont have to pay anything. If there were any faults it should have been picked up at exit inspection.

If the exit was ok whats to say the issues have not arisen AFTER?

After all the property was inspected by a third party with no issue.

It is NOT your responsibility, you were given the OK on exit.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please could you clarify how do I explain to the estate agent as he said he reinspected the property after he signed me off.

Just as above. It was inspected, you were given a clean exit and therefore you are not responsible for anything thereafter.

Its a matter between the agent and Landlord. Its nothing to do with you

Does that clarify

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it does. Many thanks..

All the best.