Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have moved into a brand new house 12 months ago only to

I have moved into a brand new house 12 months ago only to find the house is opposite the site office which has turned into a nightmare - I have asked Morris Homes for a risk assessment of my property to say it was safe for to me to live here - I have been ignored on at least 4 occasions for this request is there anything I can do about it?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want them to admit they did not risk assess building my property or people residing in it. I want them to move the site office away from in front of my building. I have had my car damaged, my husband has been abused by workmen just trying to reverse on his own drive, we have constant dirt and noise - we cannot open our window, we have had our drive obstructed so we cannot even get off it - we have workmen starting at 6.30 am 6 days a week - the rest of the site (whom I have just paid the same service charge as do not get any disturbance until 8.00 am).
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

have you complained to the council at all yet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just directly to Morris Homes - didn't realise I could complain to council as it isn't the council or any of its services causing me issues it is the builder of the site we live on? I did think about HSE.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I would complain to the Council as they may be in breach of planning conditions or noise.

The Council can install noise monitoring equipment to see when it is from and how loud.

If it is above permitted levels then the Council can serve notice that they stop/reduce it.

But I would do that - this is a free option and wont cost you anything.

You can also go to the HSE but they may not be able to act as quick as the Council

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to check would you say it is the council's issue with regards ***** ***** machinery/trucks parking on the front and obstructing drives?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Correct - obstructing public highway/paths. And the noise issue

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has given me one option for part of my complaint - so at least I can start on that part!